Paris Peace Forum
- November 2019
At a time when international cooperation is in danger while challenges are rising, the Paris Peace Forum is a new annual meeting for all global governance actors. This event is centered on those who seek to develop solutions for today's transborder challenges.
The Paris Peace Forum is based on a simple idea: international cooperation is key to tackling global challenges and ensuring durable peace. To support collective action, it gathers all actors of global governance under one roof for three days – states, international organizations, local governments, NGOs and foundations, companies, experts, journalists, trade unions, religious groups and citizens. Through original formats of debates and the presentation of solutions, it demonstrates there is still a momentum for multilateralism and a better organization of the planet, both among states from North and South and civil society actors.
The first edition of the Paris Peace Forum convened actors from civil society around the world to advance concrete global governance solutions:
• 65 Heads of State and Government as well as 10 leaders from international organization attended the inauguration and led more than 40 bilateral meetings;
• 121 project teams showcased their concrete solutions to international challenges;
• 300 high-level speakers participated in innovative debates formats;
• 80 high-tech passionate took part in a three-day hackathon;
• more than 6,000 participants from non-governmental organizations, companies, foundations, development agencies, religious groups and civil society in its broadest sense.
From November 11th to 13th
Porte de Pantin
75, 151 : Porte de Pantin
Porte de Pantin
For more information: parispeaceforum.org/