The parc de la villette is open and accessible to all. It is forbidden to remain on site between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. unless an exception has been granted.
The seasonal gardens are open to the public from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends between may and september. They are open from october to march by appointment.
The wind and dune garden is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily between april and october, and between 1 november and 31 march on wednesdays, weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
The information and ticket office folly
The team at the information and ticket office folly, located at the park’s southern entrance, provide information and advice on events and activities. Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., the folly also sells tickets to cultural events hosted by the Établissement public du Parc et de la Grande Halle de la Villette (public institution for the park and Grande Halle of La Villette).
- +33 (0)1 40 03 75 75 every day between 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
There are restaurants and cafés located throughout the park if you wish to take a break between performances or activities. There are also two cash distributors and public toilets at three locations around the park.
We strongly recommend you use public transport to get to La Villette.
By public transport
- Metro: Line 5 – Porte de Pantin / Line 7 – Porte de la Villette
- Bus: Lines 75, 151, PC2 and PC3 – Porte de Pantin / Lines 139, 150, 152 – Porte de la Villette
- Tram: Line 3b – Porte de Pantin, Ella Fitzgerald or Porte de la Villette
- Cycle Path: Along the Canal de l’Ourcq
- Velib' stations: Porte de la Villette, Porte de Pantin, Quai de Metz, rue Rouvet
To check availability, click here.
- Bike Park: In front of the Cité des Sciences, near Porte de la Villette.
By canal boat
- With Canauxrama to or from the Port de l’Arsenal Book tickets.
- With Paris Canal: to or from the Musée d’Orsay Book tickets.
By other forms of transport
- Taxi: A taxi station is located at 211 avenue Jean-Jaurès, next to the Café des Concerts
- Plane: La Villette is 19km from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport and 7km from Le Bourget.
- Train: La Villette has direct connections to airports from the Gare du Nord, Gare de l’Est and the Gare d’Austerlitz.